Friday, October 21, 2005

As God Is My Witness, Someday I Will Be A Credenza

John Harper has already blogged about a great thread with a great Ron post on the Forge. I was struck by this bit:


consider, in all the games you've participated in, how many of the player-characters have essentially been furniture? Scary, eh?


That reminded me of the Dilbert quote which is this post's title.

Well worth reading the whole thread, especially if you've looked at a few Forge-influenced RPGs and wondered where the rules for rock climbing were. Don't miss the Characters' Own Stupidity as a recurring NPC,

1 comment:

Bankuei said...

What struck me the most about that statement is that it can refer to both games where the players get no input as much as games where the players choose not to give any input.